Search This Blog

Friday, May 5, 2017

Fight Against Depression In Mysterious Dark Paintings

Polish Artist Illustrates His Fight Against Depression In Mysterious Dark Paintings


“I started to have problems with anxiety/depression and one day I just made the first picture, that evolved into the next one and then another,” Planeta said.
“It didn’t do them to fight or cope with depression, but after a few pictures I realised that they pretty much picture what is going on in my head and how I feel deep inside, so the pictures helped me in understanding, and understanding can help to solve the problem.
“The pictures I’ve made lately have changed, they are more calm and bright, so I know that something is changing, although I cannot see or observe the change in my life yet.”

 


Depression is not easy thing to deal with, but sometimes you can take your weakness and turn it into something beautiful.
That's exactly what polish artist Dawid Planeta did - to help himself he created an imaginary world where a small man is traveling through long forgotten jungle meeting his weaknesses and fears presented as giant animals with glowing eyes. The vision created by the artist is dark, mysterious, and very beautiful.
 “One challenge at a time, I try to turn into the face of fear and tell it “you are not my master, you are the product of my self and I am your master.” I look into the monster’s eyes until it disappears. Then I am free.” ― Rohvannyn Shaw
 “Never go into the deep parts of the forest, for there are many dangers there, both dark and bright, and they will ensnare your soul.” ― Robert Beatty, Serafina and the Black Cloak
 “Allow the power to flow through you. Don’t try to capture it. You wish only to borrow it.” ― G.G. Collins

 “The deeper I go into myself the more I realize that I am my own enemy.” ― Floriano Martins

 http://www.boredpanda.com

No comments:

Post a Comment