Search This Blog

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Viral warts




Warts are tumours or growths of the skin caused by infection with Human Papillomavirus (HPV). More than 70 HPV subtypes are known.
Warts are particularly common in childhood and are spread by direct contact or autoinocculation. This means if a wart is scratched, the viral particles may be spread to another area of skin. It may take as long as twelve months for the wart to first appear.

What do they look like?

Warts have a hard ‘warty’ or ‘verrucous’ surface. You can often see a tiny black dot in the middle of each scaly spot, due to a thrombosed capillary blood vessel. There are various types of viral wart.
  • Common warts arise most often on the backs of fingers or toes, and on the knees.
  • Plantar warts (verrucas) include one or more tender inwardly growing ‘myrmecia’ on the sole of the foot.
  • Mosaic warts on the sole of the foot are in clusters over an area sometimes several centimetres in diameter.
  • Plane, or flat, warts can be very numerous and may be inoculated by shaving.
  • Periungual warts prefer to grow at the sides or under the nails and can distort nail growth.
  • Filiform warts are on a long stalk.
  • Oral warts can affect the lips and even inside the cheeks. They include squamous cell papillomas.
  • Genital warts are often transmitted sexually and predispose to cervical, penile and vulval cancer.
In children, even without treatment, 50% of warts disappear within 6 months; 90% are gone in 2 years. They are more persistent in adults but they clear up eventually.
Warts are particularly numerous and troublesome in patients that are immunosuppressed, most often due to medications such as azathioprine or ciclosporin. In these patients, the warts almost never disappear despite treatment.

Treatment

Many people don't bother to treat them because treatment can be more uncomfortable and troublesome than the warts - they are hardly ever a serious problem. However, warts may be painful and they often look ugly and cause embarrassment.
To get rid of them, we have to stimulate the body's own immune system to attack the wart virus. Persistence with the treatment and patience is essential!
Occlusion
Just keeping the wart covered 24 hours of the day may result in clearance. Duct tape is convenient and inexpensive.
Chemical treatment.
Chemical treatment includes wart paints containing salicylic acid or similar compounds, which work by removing the dead surface skin cells. Podophyllin is a cytotoxic agent used in some products, and must not be used in pregnancy or in women considering pregnancy.
The paint is normally applied once daily. Perseverance is essential - although 70% of warts will go with wart paints, it may take twelve weeks to work! Even if the wart doesn't go completely, the wart paint usually makes it smaller and less uncomfortable.
First, the skin should be softened in a bath or bowl of hot soapy water. The hard skin should be rubbed away from the wart surface with a piece of pumice stone or emery board. The wart paint or gel should be applied accurately, allowing it to dry. It works better if covered with plaster or duct tape (particularly recommended when the wart is on the foot).
Stronger preparations such as Upton's paste are used for thick verrucas, applied every few days. It is important to protect the surrounding skin with adhesive plaster before applying Upton's paste, and to apply a plaster over the paste to keep it in place.
If the chemical makes the skin sore, stop treatment until the discomfort has settled, then recommence as above. Take care to keep the chemical off normal skin.
Cryotherapy
The wart is frozen with liquid nitrogen repeatedly, at one to three week intervals. This is uncomfortable for a few minutes and may result in blistering for several days. Success is in the order of 70% after 3-4 months of regular freezing. Dermatologists debate whether a light freeze to stimulate immunity is sufficient, or whether a harder freeze is necessary to destroy all the infected skin. A hard freeze might cause a permanent white mark or scar.
Electrosurgery
Electrosurgery (curettage & cautery) is used for particularly large and annoying warts. Under local anaesthetic, the growth is pared away and the base burned by diathermy or cautery. The wound heals in about two weeks; even then 20% of warts can be expected to recur within a few months.
Other treatments
There are numerous treatments for warts and none offer a guarantee of cure. They include:
  • topical retinoids such as tretinoin cream or adapalene gel
  • fluorouracil cream
  • bleomycin injections
  • laser vaporisation or pulse dye laser destruction of feeding blood vessels
  • Oral retinoids such as acitretin or isotretinoin
  • immune modulators such as imiquimod cream

6 comments:

  1. I Want To Appreciate Dr.OYAGU for hs great deeds, I Was Diagnosed With type 2 Herpes Virus Last year,And Was Look For Solution To Be Cured Luckily I Saw Testimonies On How Dr.OYAGU Cure Herpes Virus I Decided To Contact Dr.OYAGU I Contacted Him He Prepared A Herbal Medicine Portion And Sent It To Me,I Started The Herbal Medicine For My Health.He Gave Me Step By Step Instructions On How To Apply It, When I Applied It As Instructed, I Was Cured Of This Deadly Herpes Within 2 weeks, I Am Now Herpes Negative.My Brother And Sister I No That There Are So Many People That Have There Same Herpes Virus Please contact Dr OYAGU To Help You Too,And Help Me To Thank Dr.OYAGU For Cure Me, I’m Cured By Dr. OYAGU Herbal Medicine,His Contact Email:oyaguspellcaster@gmail.com

    Or Cell Whatsapp Number +2348101755322 thank you .....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe this. A great testimony l must share. A few months back l was diagnosed with herpes virus.
    I really thought my life was over. I had used different kinds of medication which didn't help.
    Then l browsed the internet and found a great doctor by the name Dr oseghale who listened to my problems and sent me herbal medication via courier.
    I took the medication as instructed and within 2 weeks, the virus was gone.
    If you need any help you may contact Dr Oseghale on whatsApp at +234 7062814871
    HIV
    DIABETES
    CANCER
    KIDNEY PROBLEMS
    AND OTHER DISEASES
    Search on FaceBook @DrOseghaleHerbalMedication

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm giving a testimony about Dr Nogadu the great Herbalist, he has the cure to all manner of diseases, he cured my herpes simplex virus, though I went through different website I saw different testimonies about different spell casters and herbalist, I was like: 'Many people's have the herpes simplex virus cure why are people still suffering from it?' I though of it, then I contact Dr Nogadu via email, I didn't believe him that much, I just wanted to give him a try, he replied my mail and Needed some Information about me, then I sent them to him, he prepared it (CURE) and sent it to me through Air freight Online Courier Service for delivery, he gave my details to the Courier Office, they told me that 2-4 days I will receive the parcel and i took the medicine as prescribed by him and I went for check up 2 week after finishing the medicine, I was tested herpes simplex virus negative, if you are herpes simplex virus patient do me a favour by  contacting him and I assure anyone who is suffering from it, your problem will never remain the same again you will be cured also Dr Nogadu help my brother wife to cure her cervical cancer she was suffering from the past 5 years, After he {cure} my herpes simplex virus, then my brother  heard about it, he went home to tell his wife  about Dr Nogadu then his wife  email him and explain her problem to him, he also prepare herbal medicine and he use Air freight courier service to sent her the herbal medicine and he instruct her on how she  will be using it for 14 days, That on the 15 days of it, she should go and check her self in the hospital and she did as she was instructed by Dr Nogadu, to GOD be the glory she was cure of her cervical cancer which she was suffering from for the past 5 years thanks to these great man we will ever remain grateful to you sir for the good work you did in our family. When you contact him, make sure you tell him that I refer you.. contact him via: drnogaduherbalist@gmail.com or WhatsApp him on +2347010627760.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never thought that one day I will get cured of HERPES. I have been
    suffering from this deadly virus HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS" for the past 2
    years. I have spent a lot of money on drugs and going from one hospital to
    another, hospital has been my most visited place where constant check up
    have been my hobby not until one day, i decided to share my situation to a
    very close friend of mine and she was very upset with me for not telling
    her ever since that she is aware of one doctor called Dr. AIGBOJE who helps
    people in curing their GENITAL WARTS, HSV and HPV. quickly i contacted his
    email: draigbojeherbalhome@gmail.com i spoke
    to him, he asked me to do some certain things which i did, he told me that
    he was going to prepare and send me herbal medicine which he did and
    thereafter i received it and after using the herbal cure within 2 weeks and
    few days i was totally cured, i had to go back to the same hospital that I
    have been going before to confirm my cure and behold I was confirmed
    negative by my doctor, so today I am here to spread the good-news of my
    life on how Dr. Aigboje saved me from the nightmare and outbreaks of HERPES
    VIRUS. If you are still suffering from this deadly virus or any other such
    as DIABETES, COLD SORE, HERPES, SICKLE CELL, HEPATITIS etc.. just contact
    this great Africa herbal doctor. I believe you're going to be happy and
    healthy again just as I am right now.
    Email: draigbojeherbalhome@gmail.com WhatsApp: +2348079206119
    You can reach me on my private email : swamseashaw@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dr. Ehimare has really made me so much believe in him by getting me cured of Herpes with his herbal medicine. I have been a Herpes virus patient for some time now, I have been running here and there looking for help/cure but none could help. I ran into a testimony by someone who testified how she was cured of a terrible disease by Dr. Ehimare, so I decided to contact the herbal doctor. I explained to him, and he said he can cure me. We started the process and he prepared herbs and sent them to me in my country and gave me directions on how I am to use them. I followed his directions and now To God be the glory he could cure me with his herbal mixture. I really appreciate you Dr. Ehimare for bringing back happiness to my life again. thanks you so much friends that has join me to thank Dr. Ehimare for what he has actually done for me i pray to you all for a good life and property, his contact. Email address drehimare3@gmail.com , via whats-app +1 (267) 691-1087 Thanks Dr. Ehimare for your help in my life and family... and most especially to you Dr. THANKS. 

    ReplyDelete